Every year The Sick Kids Friends Foundation distributes around £1.5m for the benefit of children and young people in the hospital in Edinburgh but also at St John’s in Livingston and other healthcare settings in the Lothians and Scottish Borders.
Your regular gift helps us to budget more effectively and use our resources more efficiently meaning that we can do more with the funds we have. The grants that we make include:
- Funding the Drop-In Centre at the RHSC to provide a quiet, welcoming space for parents and families to have a break, someone to talk to and the ability to book alternative therapies.
- Parental accommodation – we support PJ’s Loft and the family accommodation which allows parents and families to be close by and not worry about the cost of a long stay.
- Supporting the training of Play Specialists who provide real support for family members and medical staff by ensuring that children are less stressed and still have opportunities for fun, play and creativity while in hospital.
The Sick Kids Friends Foundation exists to transform the experiences of children and young people in the hospital so that they can be a child first and a patient second.
Regular gifts make such a difference
- £5 per month could help us to provide reward stickers for children having x-rays and scans.
- With £10 per month we could purchase welcome presents for five children. These help to ease a child’s fears when staying overnight in hospital.
- £100 per year could fund a Clown Doctors visit – to provide distraction, laughter and fun to children in the wards.
Thank you – we simply could not do as much as we do without you.
Please complete the details below:
(Items marked * are mandatory)